Thursday, November 15, 2007

A change in direction

The more I think about it, the more I realise I have to write a fairy tale for my Nano novel this year. Something about New Zealand and Ireland, the Celts meet the Maoris sort of thing, maybe Neil Gaimen-esque. I don't know, it is calling to me but I can't quite put my finger on it. the scenery I am travelling through is too beautiful and much too magical to be the background for FBI agents and a evolutionist plot. I think the CYZ Files will be put on hold for the time being and I will start working on this new story. If all else fails, I'll just fictionalise my travels with the monster - that's allowed, isn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the sound of the fairy tale... CYZ is great but if it doesn't feel right, you should postpone it!