Thursday, October 25, 2007

Two Weeks To Go

I am sitting on my bed typing this message, my giant suitcase open beside me, already almost full with what I am taking to New Zealand. This time two weeks I will be on the plane flying off to the other side of the world, yet even with the departure date so close, I still don't believe I am really going. I've spent so long planning it and thinking about it that it now seems unreal. I suppose there is a lesson to be learned here about how the human brain functions and its ability to comprehend future events, but I'm not really sure what it is. All I know is that in two weeks time I will be starting the first leg on a looonngg journey and I can't wait. It only seems like yesterday that it was seven weeks to go, and another couple of days since it was six months to go. As Einstein said, time is relative.

2 comments:

DN Reporter said...

Yes, it's hard to believe it's so soon! And it will fly by - this time six weeks you will be almost ready to come back - after having an amazing holiday!!

Inkpot said...

That is another way to do about it, DN. I like not to think about having to come back until I'm already home!